Following an extended period of intensive research and fund-raising, Scottish Sculpture Workshop (SSW) has now completed the programme of site refurbishment and construction works. With a budget in excess of £500,000, SSW appointed Robertson Northern, of Robertson Construction Group, to manage the project.
Key features of the development are:
· Replacement and refurbishment of roofing throughout the site
· Installation of an eco-friendly, environmentally sustainable heating system
· A purpose built Community Space, for community participation and flexible learning
· A new series of studio spaces, to host our new programme of activities and artist projects
· New facilities & resources – glass casting, ceramics, woodwork, metal casting, media etc
· Up-to-date equipment – brand new kilns, machinery and digital equipment
· Evening and day classes - open to the public, offering access to all our creative facilities
Alongside this SSW is currently working on a wide programme of workshops and activities, open to the public, as well as to schools and community groups.
The Capital Development programme has allowed Scottish Sculpture Workshop to build further upon its international reputation for excellence in visual arts research and practice, as well as develop significant relationships with community groups and members.
SSW would like to thank the following funders for their support in our Capital Development Project and other ongoing projects:
Scottish Arts Council
Rural Aberdeenshire LEADER Programme
Community Energy Scotland
Hugh Fraser Foundation
The Gannochy Trust
The Robertson Trust
Garfield Weston Foundation
Trusthouse Charitable Foundation
Marr Area Partnership