*THIS OPPORTUNITY DEADLINE IS NOW PAST
PROGRAMME ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP: 10th April – 5th June 2017
Deadline for applications: 6th March 2017.
SSW is looking for a Programme Assistant Intern to join the SSW team from the 10th April – 5th June 2017.
This is an eight week professional development opportunity for someone looking for experience in arts management. We are seeking a motivated individual who wishes to gain experience in all areas of arts management, including arts administration, PR and marketing, event planning & delivery, and programme development.
As the Programme Assistant you will be providing support to the SSW Programme Manager; assisting with daily management and administration tasks, whilst focusing on delivering the Residency Programme and a number of SSW Projects. During this internship, there will be a particular focus on assisting with the management and delivery of our Summer Residency Programme; residencies include, the Emerging Artist Group programme in April, the SSW AiR programme June- September, as well as ongoing Open Access and Project residencies.
This internship is offered on a full-time basis, for the duration of eight weeks. Interns are paid a stipend of £100 per week, and provided with self-catering accommodation and access to facilities, including studio space (with one day in the working week being allocated for personal practice). This internship is aimed at supporting and providing opportunities for recent graduates (up to three years out of college/university).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide general assistance in:
• The management of SSWʼs residency programme and facilities.
• The delivery of SSW projects and the wider programme.
• Management and delivery of events.
• Management of workshops / courses and open access.
• PR and marking (including social media and website/blog updates).
• Willingness to learn
• Good communication skills and ability to work with artists, staff and other stakeholders.
• Excellent team worker.
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to listen and follow instructions, but to also take initiative where appropriate.
• Ability to prioritise workload according to tight deadlines.
• Flexible, with ability to accommodate changes in working days including some evening and weekend events if necessary
• IT literate
• Familiarity with social network platforms
• Capacity to advocate and represent the organisation
Please apply in writing to Yvonne Billimore at email@example.com. Applications should include a statement of interest and how you meet the person specification, a CV and details of one referee. Any enquires in regards to this position should also be made to Yvonne at the above address.
The SSW website contains information about SSW’s various projects, residency programme, schools and community activities to date and will provide you with a good general overview of the organisation.
This position is available to start Monday 10th April 2017. Deadline for application is midnight on the 6th of March 2017. The successful applicant will be informed by the 10th of March.