This event is fully booked.
Please email us if you would be interested in taking part in an event like this in the future or sign up to our mailing list at the bottom of this page.
Sunday 5th March
10am – 2pm
Led by Frank Richards.
Learn how to make a beautiful bird feeder out of willow in this half day workshop. Willow is a renewable resource and grows readily in the Scottish landscape. The bird feeder is woven from locally coppiced willow, contains no plastics and can eventually be composted.
You will be provided with all tools and materials to make the feeder and given full instruction on basic basket making skills. You will also be provided with a fat ball to complete your creation, so your bird feeder will be ready to use straight away.
Due to the tools being used (secateurs and pointed bodkins), the workshop leader advises that this workshop is suitable for 12s.
Frank is a basketmaker and willow grower. Find out more about Franks work on his Instagram page @westfieldcroft
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01464 861372 and include the following info:
- The date and title of the workshop/s you’d like to attend
- Your full name, email address, telephone number, postcode and age (either over 18 or state age of children)
- State any accessibility requirements you have and if you would like to have conversation about this with a team member
- Please note that all workshops are open to all ages with exception of the stain glass and sign writing which is open to adults only
- All children must be accompanied by their carer, parent or guardian
- Please note that bookings close at 12 midday the Friday before each workshop
As all events are free to attend, if you can no longer make it along to the workshop that you have booked for, please let us know as soon as possible so we are able to offer the space to someone else.
All materials will be provided. Refreshments will be provided at every workshop, but if you would like something more substantial please bring your own lunch.
All workshops will take place in the SSW Community Making Space apart from the Clay Play which will take place in the Ceramics workshop. Please use the Main Street entrance for all workshops.